Liberty Ridge Elementary PTA’s Vision, Mission, and Goals
The PTA’s vision is making every child’s potential a reality.
The PTA’s mission is to be a:
- Powerful voice for all children
- Relevant resource for families and communities
- Strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child
The PTA at Liberty Ridge Elementary strives to move past the PTA stereotypes of the past and to move forward in a way that most benefits the LRE community. As an organization we have set the following goals:
1. Move past PTA Stereotypes – “This is not your parent’s PTA”
- The PTA is not just about bake sales and carnivals. We are a complex organization full of people from diverse backgrounds. Our board consists of busy working professionals, stay at home parents, and everything in between. We all bring different knowledge and experience to the board and that diversity is paramount to our success.
- While some PTA events and initiatives can be complex and involve a lot of planning and organization, overall, volunteering for the PTA is an enjoyable and rewarding experience and many volunteers make long lasting friendships and connections in the Woodbury community.
2. Aim to provide “parents and families with a powerful voice to speak on behalf of every child while providing the best tools for parents to help their children be successful students.”
- The PTA is not run by the school district, we are an independent entity working on the behalf of Liberty Ridge families and if our membership has opinions that it wants expressed to the district we aim to provide the forum to do so.
- Our goal as a voice for the Liberty Ridge community also entails providing resources for parents to be better informed and to contact legislators or district officials in an organized fashion when needed. The PTA is a Non-Partisan group but that doesn’t mean we can’t participate in the political process.
3. Improve the transparency and communication between the PTA and the Liberty Ridge Community
- Financials – The Fundraising page on our website as well as financial reports we give to members at PTA meetings have been designed to better explain where the revenue comes from and what it is spent on.
- Communication – Over the last few years we have been working hard at developing new ways to streamline the communication between the PTA and the Liberty Ridge community. We have cut back on the number of emails going to parents to twice a week (except when a special need arises) and have also been working hard to limit the number of flyers that come home with your child each week.